Pineapple peel is the outer skin of a pineapple, it is tough and has a spiky crown. Pineapple peel has health benefits and many economic importance.
Do you know that pineapple peel has an anti-aging effect and can brighten your skin? Do you know that pineapple peel has lot of health benefits? Do you know that you can make delicious tea from pineapple peel? These are just a few amazing facts nobody told you about pineapple peel.
So, keep reading so that you can discover all these amazing facts about our wonder plant.
My humble opinion is that you should stop throwing them away, but rather use them to better your life and that of your loved ones. Here are our 3 amazing facts nobody told you about pineapple skin.
Amazing Facts Nobody Told you about Pineapple Peel
In this article we are going to be looking at the amazing facts about pineapple outer bark that are vital in our everyday life. These facts are everywhere, you only have to reach out and put them into use.
For educational purposes we are going to limit to this three (3) listed below.
1. Effect on the Skin
Pineapple peel contains enzyme like bromelain, that’s known to be anti-inflammatory. It has a high amount of alpha-hydroxy acids, which have been reported to slow down the skin’s aging process.
They also contain reasonable concentrations of vitamin A, B1, B6, C and minerals. Pineapple Peel mix with ground brown rice can be used to make facial scrub, helps brighten your complexion and give you a younger look.
A. Maintaining a Youthful Look
Blended pineapple peel mix with ground brown rice has shown to maintain the skin elasticity and slow the aging process. Given you that youthful look.
Brown rice is that unrefined form of white. They are obtained by just removing the outer hull of the kernel of rice. This brown rice is rich in vital minerals and essential vitamins that is required by our body and skin.
- Little quantities of Pineapple peel (Outer skin)
- 4 table spoons of brown rice
What to do
- Remove the skin from your pineapple, put them into a bowl and wash.
- After washing put the peel into a sieve and allow to drain.
- Put into a blender and blend the peel into a paste.
- Pour into a medium bowl.
- Grind the brown rice till they are very fine
How to Use
- To make a face mask, mix two tablespoon of the paste from the peel of pineapple with a one tablespoon of ground rice
- Wash your face and apply the mixture.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and rinse with warmer water
- For best output or result, repeat this process twice a week.
B. Treatment of Acne
Pineapple peel is a sure way to treat all your Acne problems. They are packed with antioxidants, vitamins which protects the skin from blemishes and Acne.
- 3 tablespoon full peel of pineapple paste
- Cotton balls
How to Use
- Gently clean your face properly
- Deep the cotton ball in the paste, apply directly on the affected areas.
- Leave for about 10 – 15 minutes to dry
- Wash it with a warm water
- Repeat this procedure every three days to be acne free
NB: If you have sensitive skin, use this with caution. Before using this treatment, make sure to do a patch test first on the inside of your arm to see how your skin reacts.
2. Health Benefits of Pineapple Peel
The peel of pineapple contains essential vitamins and minerals that are good to body and can effectively improve human’s health.
Findings has shown significant amount of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anticancer properties in pineapple peel.
It is a good source of antioxidants that can help the body to fight free radicals, which can cause numerous diseases.
Here are some amazing health benefits:
- Improves Vision
- Prevents Osteoarthritis
- Regulates Blood Sugar Level
- Promotes Healthy Bones
- Improves Gum Health
- Treats Intestinal Worms
- Aids Weight loss
- Ease Nausea
- Reduces Acne and Pimples
- Enhances Libido
- Prevents Cancer
- Relieves Asthma
- Hydrating the Skin
- Prevents Hair Loss
- Relieves Inflammation
- Boosts Immune System
- Boosts Fertility
3. Pineapple peel tea: How it is Made
- peels from Pineapple
How it is Made
- First you gather some pineapple skin to your desired quantity.
- Fill the pot to about an inch over the peel and add your sliced ginger.
- bring to a boil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the pineapple peels in a simmer on medium to low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and empty into a sieve to drain off the liquid.
- To get every bit of juice out of your pineapple peel, use a masher to mash down the pineapple peels.
- Place liquid in a bowl and add your sweetener.
- Your tea is ready to be served.