Efik traditional marriage customs is one of its kind – From the first Point of call (Ebot Usongeyin) down to the last day of the ceremony – it’s all good. The Efik’s are unique and beautiful in all ramifications.
Efik ladies are well culture and trained to give their husbands that well desired support, which every man needs from his significant half. An Efik lady is a perfect combination of Beauty and Brain, they are warm and welcoming.
- Boxes of Clothes – the size and height is most times considered, the box must be filled with wrappers, clothes and jewelries.
- Goat (ebot ndo).
- Dowry/Bride price – It has to be in twelve bundle of money.
- Palm wine (mmin Efik) 24 jars
- Bridal dress (Nkpin)
- Traditional hair Extension and comb (etinghe)
- If she is the first daughter Nkpoto must be provided – Building a colourful royal tent for her, which only her stays in it on her marriage ceremony.
- Any alcoholic drink/ Spirit bought must be in seven (7) folds.
- Soft drinks and Soda should be according to your capacity.
- Kola nuts (Ibong).
- Ntokon Ibong – Ground nut source. Made from blended ground nut mix with pepper, salt etc.
- Damas (traditional wrapper) for bride’s father.
- Ọyọyọ (traditional gown) for bride’s mother.
- Buy cap for the father – Buy Afia itam (white-cap) if the bride’s father is a Chief
- Traditional Shoes (ikpaukot nkwa) for father and mother.